Gum disease can easily occur when plaque buildup goes unchecked in our mouths. Harmful bacteria that resides in the plaque can feast on our tissue around our teeth so much that the gums become unstable and tooth loss can occur. If you think you may be suffering from periodontal gum disease, here are a few symptoms to watch out for:
– Gum disease over time will loosen teeth from the gums. Be aware of any loose or sensitive teeth you may have.
– Check your gums to see if they have receded, or appear to be pulled back from the teeth.
– Look for red, swollen, or extremely tender gums that appear. If the gums bleed easily or constantly, it may be a sign of gum disease.
– Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth could be a sign of gum disease.
– If your teeth move, change location, or your bite alignment changes, the tissue in your mouth may be wearing down from gum disease.
– If you have any difficulty speaking or experience pains when chewing, gum disease may be present.
It’s very important to always keep working hard to prevent gum disease. If you wish to come in for an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. Maria Boutsikos, DMD by contacting our fantastic dentists at Dynamic Dental Smiles at 941-549-8930. You can also stop by our office in Sarasota, Florida. Don’t let gum disease ruin your autumn season, come in today!